Membership Support/Family Liaison/Retiree
April 22 - April 25
CAL FIRE Local 2881 has developed a new class for our officers – Membership Support / Family Liaison. The class is designed to train officers on how to handle the many issues the members bring to us. The class consists of:
- Membership support will instruct students on the effect on union officers of supporting members in need.
- Member Benefits
- CAL FIRE Employee Support Services
- The Workers Comp. Process
- The CDF Firefighters Benevolent Foundation and supporting members in need
- Issues Faced by Returning Veterans
The family liaison is a facilitator for exchanging information between the family, union, and the department. It is his/her priority to ensure that all possible assistance to the family is considered and utilized as resources become available. The family liaison position can be utilized for funerals, members or family members that have sustained a serious injury/ illness, or supporting a member. This class will give you the tools needed to be a successful family liaison.
- CAL FIRE policy
- CAL FIRE Local 2881 policy
- Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the family
- Member benefits
Registration is open! Local 2881 representatives, click here to sign up for the Membership Support/Family Liaison/Retiree class.