About the CDF Firefighters Benevolent Foundation
This foundation is organized exclusively to engage in lawful charitable and educational activities supporting the families of firefighters and other fire suppression personnel in times of financial need or hardship.
Its further function is to assist burn victims and their families and to support research and studies on occupation hazards and exposures unique to firefighting within the meaning of the IRS Code section 501 (c) (3).
The Foundation is a California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation.
The principal office for the Foundation is co-located with CAL FIRE Local 2881, IAFF Local 2881 Headquarters Office, 1731 J Street, Suite 100, Sacramento, California 95811.
Initial contact may be made through the CAL FIRE Local 2881 main telephone number or one of the principal officers of CAL FIRE Local 2881. Subsequent contact will be established by one of the Foundation officers once a request has been received through CAL FIRE Local 2881 main office.
Contributions made to the Foundation are tax deductible as defined in the IRS Code section 501 (c) (3) and IRS Code section 170 (c) (2).
This corporation has two classes of members, Class A and Class B. The initial Class A members are:
- CAL FIRE Local 2881 Honor Guard
- CAL FIRE Local 2881 Auxiliary
- CAL FIRE Local 2881 Shasta-Trinity Chapter Benevolent Fund
- CAL FIRE Local 2881 Madera-Mariposa Chapter Benevolent Fund
- CAL FIRE Local 2881 San Benito-Monterey Chapter Benevolent Fund
- CAL FIRE Local 2881 Tulare Chapter Benevolent Fund
- CAL FIRE Local 2881 Santa Clara Chapter Benevolent Fund
- CAL FIRE Local 2881 San Mateo-Santa Cruz Chapter Benevolent Fund
- CAL FIRE Local 2881 San Diego Chapter Benevolent Fund
- CAL FIRE Local 2881 San Bernardino Chapter Benevolent Fund
There are 5 Class B members, three (3) appointed by the President of CAL FIRE Local 2881 and confirmed by a majority vote of the CAL FIRE Local 2881 Board of Directors, and two (2) elected by the Class A members.
No substantial part of the activities of this corporation shall consist of lobbying or propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation; this corporation shall not participate or intervene in (including publishing or distributing statements) any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office. No compensation is paid to members of this Foundation.
Please visit their website, http://www.cdffirefighters.foundation/.