“ONE OF A KIND”
1960 – 2017
CAL FIRE Local 2881
International Association of Fire Fighters Local 2881
Robert Theodore Wolf, the longest serving president of CAL FIRE Local 2881, died quietly last night.
The idea that Bob is no longer with us is difficult for all of us who spent time in his company. He was a man of extraordinary talents and energy. The best way to remember Bob is to acknowledge that with the exception of his family, he loved no one more than his firefighters.
Bob lived completely a firefighters’ life.
His dad was career CDF and his name is on the Memorial Wall. Bob’s first home was a CAL FIRE firehouse. Bob never wanted to be anything but a firefighter. In the course of his remarkable career he earned the respect of his colleagues as one of the best and the brightest of our profession.
We will have time to remember Bob’s many contributions. Today is a day for grief, prayer and memory.
The Wolf Family has established the Bob Wolf Memorial Fund.
They ask that instead of flowers, donations be made to the Bob Wolf Memorial Fund. A web site has been set up.
The website and donation service is set up. The website is http://www.bobwolfmemorial.com/.
Bob and Darrell at the Giants Spring Training 3/2/2017
Memorial information forthcoming.
GONE TOO SOON
Memorial Service for San Benito-Monterey
Fire Captain Julie Freeman
Thursday March 23, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. at the
Church on the Hill, 500 Sands Drive in San Jose, CA
CAL FIRE Local 2881 is saddened to announce the loss of another sister gone too soon, Julie Freeman. We will all miss her remarkable spirit. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends at this time.
The memorial service for San Benito-Monterey Fire Captain Julie Freeman will be held on Thursday March 23, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. at the Church on the Hill, 500 Sands Drive in San Jose. Uniformed personnel are requested to wear Class A Dress uniform. A reception will follow at the Scottish Rite Center adjacent to the church.
• Fire agencies wishing to send apparatus for a static display are requested to RSVP with agency name, number of personnel, and apparatus type by 10:00 a.m. Monday, March 20th. RSVP’s should be sent to Fire Captain Colin Smith at Colin.Smith@fire.ca.gov or by phone at 831.601.5506.
• Apparatus are requested to arrive by 8:00 a.m. the morning of the service. Personnel staffing in-service apparatus may wear work response uniforms in lieu of Class A uniforms.
• Uniformed personnel should arrive by 8:30 a.m. and will be briefed at 0900 hours.
• Please note, there will not be a public procession of fire apparatus.
• Honor Guards wishing to participate should contact CAL FIRE 2881 Honor Guard representative Richard Cordova at 951.337.3673 by Monday, March 20th.